Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Best City in the World







Lately, I can't seem to get enough of New York City. Seeing all the exquisite outfits and wonderfully dressed people is enough to bring tears to my eyes. I guess it could be my desire to escape a world in which Juicy Sweats and A&F tops are considered "stylish." In my late teens I had an epiphany: It doesn't take a fashion guru to put on a Juicy Tracksuit, a shell necklace, and Ugg boots. It's not 2002. Even Paris Hilton has stopped wearing head-to-toe pink. It's about time everyone else follows suit(this rule does not apply if you are still in high school; where you can get away with more youthful ensembles). Enough is enough. Real style is unique, well tailored, and sexy-yet-sophisticated. That's why I love NYC. People here, to put it quite simply, don't give a shit about what the rest of the country thinks. They know this balance so well, both women and men alike. They wear what they want, when they want. In NYC there is such an aura of Paris, Milan, London, and some of my favorite fashion decades of the past.





No comments: